Thursday, June 26, 2008

Religion and My Beliefs

Yesterday I saw my therapist. I discussed with her about things going on with my Mom and my daughter. Then we got on something that had been perplexing me..... religion.
I was born and raised LDS. Later in life I searched out various religions. Including Wicca.
Then after seeing a documentary on Pope John Paul II, I was compelled that, that was the way to go. I was in awe of what her had done through out his life. So I attended classes and was baptized Catholic.
Right now I am torn between which way do I go? LDS, of which all my family is; or Catholic. My family does know that I was baptized Catholic. The ward that my Mom belongs to is a sincerely friendly ward and they have helped her out so much since my Father passed away.
It was after he passed that I was baptized.
For me the Catholic church felt like home to me in a different perspective. I enjoyed going to Mass, yet because of illness and family issues I had stopped attending. I desire to go back and learn more.
I have always let others dictate what I do in my life. So I am going to take the reigns in my hands and do what it is I feel is the way for me.
My therapist says that I should do what is "convenient" and just go with my Mom. To me that says that I am once again letting others decide for me.
How I feel about God and religion personally is that God is a Being that is so great that we can't comprehend how great God is. I believe that God is neither male or female cause God doesn't have a physical body. Yet God encompasses both energies.
I also believe that we all believe in the same God yet forming different ideologies and faith around different fascists of God.
Kind of like with me. I can act and look one way one day and completely different the next, but I am still the same being that I am.
And Catholicism comes the closest to that belief. So I guess the decision is rather clear.
I also don't believe that God has any need for a human body. Why would the Creator of everything need human genitalia when God can create anything.... ANYTHING! Plus if God had a human body God would become limited and God is not.
So there is it is..... This weekend I am going to be going to attend Mass, and go from there. I have one concern though. My Mom. I feel that if I don't do as she wished that I will hurt her and she will be disappointed in me.

No comments: