Sunday, June 29, 2008

Either it's coincedence or.........?


Yesterday I went to the Vigil Mass at St. Rose of Lima Catholic church.
When I first walked into the chapel, my eyes went directly to the crucifix which was directly in front of me as I entered, and I instantly felt this peace, and a sense of awe. I felt as though even though I was walking and moving forward; I felt the Spirit pulling me forward. I felt the gentleness, truth, peace, and love, of the Lord Our God within and without of my self. I truly felt like I belonged there and that I was home.
(I also found out that Fr. Michael R. Sciumbato had been moved there. He is the one who taught the RCIA classes I took, and also was the one who baptized, and confirmed me, and First Communion! Interesting......)
Since I had been inactive with the church for some time I lost track of what the season was and all of that.
WELL!
It just happened to be the Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul, Apostles. (St. Peter was the first Pope, and St. Paul was the evangelical/missionary part.)
This also happens to be the Jubilee Year in honor of St. Paul. And part of the message to all Catholics was one basically of reaching out to those who have stopped attending church for one reason or another and to encourage them to come back. Also, to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to others.
It also was the day I came back.... The Lost Sheep per se. Coincidence?? Or not?
I am leaning toward not at the moment.
As I was heading home afterward I felt such peace and calm in my soul. I felt like my soul had been starving for that and was now fed.
The Catholic church hold a very special place in my heart and I know that will always be there.
Next week, we are going to go with my Mom to the LDS church... Keep in mind, I was raised LDS... I have quite a few disagreements with that religion.

No comments: